DESIGN THINKING WORKSHOP : COURSE OUTLINE
Duration : 2 Days
This workshop provides an overview on the fundamentals of Design Thinking and Co-creation, what it takes to consistently apply it inside an organization, limitations and various challenges faced when undertaking a design driven journey and Identifying a road-map for further learning and use. The course is a mix of case studies and activity driven, instructor-led learning, designed to enable participants to understand concepts and underlying philosophies. This interactive course will be delivered using hands on Exercises, Quizzes, Videos and Group activities.
Participants should become familiar with Design Thinking concepts as well as terminologies post this workshop.
1. Introduction to Workshop
- Familiarization with course material
- Familiarization with the protocols and timings
- Expectation setting and clarifications
2. Design Thinking Basics
- Design Circut – Understanding an Innovators Mindset, and its importance.
- DT Theory – Understanding the Why, What, When, How of Design Thinking.
- A few examples of Design Thinking and its use by different organizations
- When should one consider applying Design Thinking
3. Understanding Problem Space
- Understand different types of problems, their nature, which ones are most relevant for Design Thinking.
- Sample: How do we improve our performance management system? (This can be changed)
- Understanding how groups can effectively use their existing knowledge about a topic, so as to better understand a problem.
- Building appreciation of doing human centered research.
- Research & Synthesis Techniques to understand people. Use of Personas Too
- Research & Synthesis Techniques to understand people’s experiences. Use of Customer Journey Mapping Tool/ Say, Feel, Think, Do approach
- What and whose problem are we really solving? Understanding this is perhaps the essence of Design Thinking
4. Understanding Solution Space
- Understanding how people should ideate collaboratively, with simple tools and techniques to push the boundaries forward.
- Converting, combining ideas into bigger concepts, which hold potential for significant disruption.
- Converting concepts into stories, to create future products/ services.
- Building prototypes, to build the concept more, and to enable user testing.
- Taking prototypes to potential users, receiving feedback constructively and undergoing one iteration, to improve the product/ service.
5. Applying Design Thinking inside organization
- Helping team understand how & where they could apply Design Thinking inside their organization.
- Introduction to books, reading material and more.
- Final thoughts from participants.
6. Conclusion and Q & A