Agile and Kanban Methods Workshop and Training
Duration : 2 Days
- It is important to set the expectation of different stakeholders in the organization on both the benefits and challenges of implementing different flavors of Agile methodologies. This executive workshop provides an overview on Why Agile, what is Agile, Principles and practices of different Agile methods. Specifically focusing on SCRUM and KANBAN approaches as well as the team scenarios where they fit well and how to leverage the best of both.
- Another objective of the workshop is to specifically focus on details of KANBAN approach and to give insights on what is Kanban system, how to implement Kanban method as well as Metrics and Management Reporting – using Kanban Method
- The target audience for the program is a mix of professionals across hierarchies to get insights on the skills required for working as part of Agile and Kanban teams and wishes to explore alternate path agility.
- Senior Managers/Delivery or Department Heads – Stakeholders for Enterprise Agile roll out of Scrum and Kanban approaches
- Project managers, BAs, Architects, Test and Tech Leads Quality team, Process Champions
- The course is a mix of case driven, instructor-led, and self-paced learning, designed to enable participants to understand concepts and underlying philosophy of Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- The course is very interactive and provides hands on Exercises, Quizzes, Videos, Games and Group activities w.r.t Scrum and Kanban Approaches
- Participants should become familiar with Agile and Lean Principles as well as terminologies of Scrum and Kanban approaches. At the end of this two-day workshop, each attendee will:
- Get clarity on what is Agile and what are agile methods and how they are different from traditional life cycle.
- Get an overview of Scrum Life cycle process, Scrum Terminologies, Roles, Ceremonies, Scrum Practices and artifacts
- Project context and motivation for moving to Kanban, when is Kanban typically used and Kanban with a Big “K” and a Little “k”
- Get an overview of Kanban Method, Kanban Values, Principles, Practices and on How to visualize the workflow, why use a Kanban system and where does the Kanban approach fit well
- Connecting Agile, Scrum, Lean and Kanban, Team scenarios where Scrum or Kanban fit well and how to leverage the best of both.
- Identifying the Classes of service, work items, Visualizing the workflow and How to manage the Flow. What is Work in Progress (WIP) and Why Limit WIP, Balancing Capacity and demand, Benefits of making policies explicit
- Typical steps required to implement a Kanban System, covering topics like Kanban board design, Kanban System design, proto Kanban, Input Queues and output Buffers,
- Metrics reporting in Kanban system, Lead Time, Cycle time and Due Date Performance, Little’s Law, Through Put / Delivery rate and Flow Efficiency
- Kanban Meetings – Daily Kanban, Queues Replenishment meeting and other Kanban cadence meetings.
- Evolutionary improvement of the process and practices in the service delivery model – Kanban approach
- Scaling Kanban – Personal Kanban, Team Kanban, Program and Portfolio Kanban systems and Creating Hierarchical Kanban Boards for tracking services
- Recap to Agile Concepts
- Introduction to Scrum
- Introduction to Kanban Method
- Implementing a Kanban system
- Making improvement Kanban approach
- Metrics and Management Reporting Kanban way
- Scaling Kanban
- Conclusion – Q & A
Want to do An Overview to Agile and Kanban Methods Workshop for your teams? Drop your details below & we will reach out to customize the workshop session.